We’re Hiring! Front End Developer Role
Join an award winning specialist team of Magento developers; working together on innovation, process improvements whilst continually smartening the user experience of our clients’ eCommerce websites.
Immediate start available.
We only work with eCommerce businesses, particularly those that use the Magento platform.
Our clients are largely Magento v1 based, with some now migrating to Magento v2. They stretch across a wide range of retail industries with annual turnovers from £200,000 up to £10million.
We choose our clients carefully. We look for those that share the same values, energy and passion as ourselves. We’re suited to companies that want a long term support partner, someone to drive their business long after the launch of a new project. We follow a strict non-compete policy whereby we don’t work with two or more clients that directly compete in any space.
We have a great culture. It’s fun and a very collaborative environment bursting with ambition. We’re packed with with experience and a variety of skills to not only help each other achieve the most for themselves, but also drive the growth of our clients.
Remote or flexible working is a possibility to help either i) fit with your family life, ii) allow you to work in a style that enables you to excel or iii) allow you to work with us from a distant location.
For this role you must have proven hands on development experience with Magento 1, so you can hit the ground running in our fast growing company. You don’t need to have experience with Magento 2, as this training will be provided.
Overview of the Role & Your Responsibilities
Your work will focus largely on front end.
You will either be i) collaborating with our creatives during new projects to build multiple Magento store fronts that will achieve the clients’ goals, or ii) being involved in ongoing support to drive the performance, effectiveness and reliability of the front end even further.
There will also be opportunities to sharpen some of your backend skills, if you wish, and practice other complimenting languages that helps us maintain sites under our ongoing support arrangements.
Further to the above, regular business, department and project meetings will give you a lot of room to share ideas and personal visions to help your area evolve and our business achieve it’s goals.
The Following Skills Are Key:
Whether you’ve only got some experience in the following (even just a couple of years!) or you’ve got strengths in a lot, then we’re keen to meet you:
- A natural passion for clean and effective UX
- Proven Experience with Magento 1
- HTML / CSS3
Beneficial To The Role:
- BEM / BEMIT
- Agency Expeirence
- Experience using Version Control tools
- Magento 2 experience, but not essential as Magento 2 training will be provided.
What You Get in Return:
- £18,500 – £32,500 salary band, very much depending on level of experience and strength of skills
- A new Laptop or MacBook, whichever you prefer if you are based from our office
- 20 days (+ public holidays) initial holiday allowance, which increases the longer you’re with the company
- Regular social outings; comedy nights, bowling, cycling, games nights to name a few
- Your birthday (or substitute day) off as a gift day
- Continuous Personal Development Plan with reviews/catch ups over coffee’s or lunch
- Monthly allowance for training material (books, courses, videos)
- Access to industry leading conferences
- Access to business review meetings, where you’ll be encouraged to suggest ideas for our own development
- A Christmas party that aims to get better each year
How to Apply
Please send the following through to info[at]spiralmedia.co.uk:
i) your CV
ii) a Covering Letter, and
iii) example Websites You Have Built
Good luck, we can’t wait to hear from you!