How to Assign Maximum Quantity in Carts in Magento 2?
Magento 2 is a magnificent beast of a platform, but for the newly converted, it can seem tricky to navigate.
We always want to make things easier for you, so if you want to know how to assign maximum quantity in carts in Magento, we’ve made it simple to find:
In Magento 2, the maximum quantity allowed for a simple product can be controlled easily.
Head to Catalog > Products
From here, click Advanced Inventory under the Quantity field
Change the Maximum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart option and then Save
Setting the quantity for Configurable products is a little more complex, but not difficult at all.
1) Navigate to Admin Sidebar > Stores > Configuration
2) From Configuration, head over to Catalog > Inventory
3) Then select Product Stock Options.
4) In here, you’ll find 2 relevant options: Maximum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart and Minimum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart. In Maximum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart, enter a number to determine the maximum quantity for products added to cart.
In Minimum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart, pick customer group and assign the minimum order quantity to that group.
6) Finally, click Save Config to retain your settings.