We’re Hiring! PHP Developer Role
We only work with eCommerce businesses, particularly those that use the Magento platform.
Our clients are largely Magento v1 based, with some now migrating to Magento v2. They stretch across a wide range of retail industries with annual turnovers from £200,000 up to £10million.
We choose our clients carefully. We look for clients with energy and passion, those that want a long term partner as well as those that share our values. We follow a strict non-compete policy whereby we don’t work with two or more clients that directly compete in any space.
Your work will focus mainly on smartening up back end processes, creating custom modules, integrating into third party APIs as well as expanding on Magento’s native functionality to make it a more tailored solution for our clients (just to name a few).
You will have ample opportunities to put forward ideas and visions for your projects, the development department and our business as a whole. Knowledge gaps are not an issue here, we all work together and support one another by giving guidance, along with shadowing, to help one another get the task done.
We have a great culture here. It’s a fun and collaborative environment that’s packed with experience and specialities to help each other achieve the best results for themselves, and their clients.
Remote work is a possibility to help fit with your family life or allow you to work with us from a distant location, but you must already have a lot of experience with Magento to hit the ground running.
The Following Skills Are Key:
- Minimum of 2 years commercial (object-oriented) PHP experience
- Magento in a commercial environment / preferred
- MVC experience
- Agency experience
- Good knowledge of relational MySQL
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Version control (preferably GIT)
Beneficial To The Role:
- Domain / DNS knowledge
- Server side understanding
- Magento Certification
- Gulp / SaaS
- Examples of working with APIs
What You Get In Return:
- £18,500 – £32,500 salary band, depending on experience and ability to hit the ground running
- A new Laptop or MacBook, whichever you prefer if you are based from our office
- 20 days (+ public holidays) initial holiday allowance, which increases the longer you’re with the company
- Regular social outings; comedy nights, bowling, cycling, games nights to name a few
- Your birthday (or substitute day) off as a gift day
- Continuous Personal Development Plan with reviews/catch ups over coffee’s or lunch
- Monthly allowance for training material (books, courses, videos)
- Access to industry leading conferences
- Access to business review meetings, where you’ll be encouraged to suggest ideas for our own development
- A Christmas party that aims to get better each year