We’re Hiring! Web Design Role
Join an award winning team of creative eCommerce specialists; working together on innovation, process improvements whilst continually smartening the user experience of our clients’ eCommerce websites.
Immediate start available.
We only work with eCommerce businesses, and stretch across a wide range of retail industries with annual turnovers from £200,000 up to £10million.
We choose our clients carefully. We look for clients with energy and passion, those that want a long term partner as well as those that share our values. We follow a strict non-compete policy whereby we don’t work with two or more clients that directly compete in any space.
There’s a range of design areas that you will be involved in here, which all focus on strengthening the perception and first impression of your client’s brand whilst making sure the consumer has a frictionless journey through the buying process.
You will be involved in new design projects, working with colleagues to create a better front end concepts that improve the client’s conversion rate, and thus their sales. You’ll be heavily involved within our quality control process, making sure that development remains within the white lines of your design and that the function matches your vision.
Beyond the launch of a new design, you will watch how consumers navigate their way through your design so you can identify further improvement opportunities (which may be slight adjustments to page layouts) or simply helping your clients keep their stores fresh with seasonal graphics and banner updates.
Throughout your time you will get to know more about the market’s leading eCommerce platform (Magento) which almost 20% of the global market uses. You’ll also learn more and more about what it truly takes to create and develop a successful online brand.
You will become an eCommerce design expert, with a large amount of insight into consumers online behaviours and buying patterns.
You will have ample opportunities to put forward ideas and visions for your projects, the design department and our business as a whole. Knowledge gaps are not an issue here, we all work together and support one another by giving guidance, along with shadowing, to help one another get the task done.
We have a great culture here. It’s a fun and collaborative environment that’s packed with experience and specialities to help each other achieve the best results for themselves, and their clients.
The Following Elements Are Key:
We’re interested to hear from candidates with as little as 2 years commercial experience, that can evidence either a few or even all of the following important areas:
- Competence using Adobe Creative suite
- Evidence of previous web design work, even better if it includes eCommerce
- A degree in Graphic Design or a proven track record of relevant experience within the web industry
- A natural passion for clean and effective UX
- Excellent attention to detail, with a pixel perfect approach
- Confidence and ability to present designs to colleagues and clients, describing the thought process and desired outcomes
- Organisation, ability to plan tasks and hit milestones
Very Beneficial To The Role:
- Design Agency Experience
- Experience with Projects using Magento
- Experience with and solid understanding of Google Analytics
What You Get in Return:
- £16,500 – £23,500 salary band, very much depending on level of experience and strength of skills
- A new Laptop or MacBook, whichever you prefer if you are based from our office
- 20 days (+ public holidays) initial holiday allowance, which increases the longer you’re with the company
- Regular social outings; comedy nights, bowling, cycling, games nights to name a few
- Your birthday (or substitute day) off as a gift day
- Continuous Personal Development Plan with reviews/catch ups over coffee’s or lunch
- Monthly allowance for training material (books, courses, videos)
- Access to industry leading conferences
- Access to business review meetings, where you’ll be encouraged to suggest ideas for our own development
- A Christmas party that aims to get better each year