We’re Hiring! Front End Developer Role
Date: 04 Dec 2017
Join an award winning specialist team of developers; working together on innovation, process improvements whilst continually smartening the user experience of our clients' eCommerce websites.
Immediate start available.
We only work with eCommerce businesses, particularly those that use the Magento platform.
Our clients are largely Magento v1 based, with some now migrating to Magento v2. They stretch across a wide range of retail industries with annual turnovers from £200,000 up to £10million.
We choose our clients carefully. We look for clients with energy and passion, those that want a long term partner as well as those that share our values. We follow a strict non-compete policy whereby we don’t work with two or more clients that directly compete in any space.
Your work will focus largely on front end; working within a project to create new Magento stores following signed off designs, or making incremental improvements in collaboration with our creatives to help increase conversion rates.
Should you have the desire, there can also be the opportunity to sharpen your backend skills and practice other complimenting languages.
You will have ample opportunities to put forward ideas and visions for your projects, the development department and our business as a whole. Knowledge gaps are not an issue here, we all work together and support one another by giving guidance, along with shadowing, to help one another get the task done.
We have a great culture here. It’s a fun and collaborative environment that’s packed with experience and specialities to help each other achieve the best results for themselves, and their clients.
Remote work is a possibility to help fit with your family life or allow you to work with us from a distant location, but you must already have a lot of experience with Magento to hit the ground running.
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS ARE KEY:
Whether you’ve only got some experience in the following (even just a couple of years!) or you’ve got strengths in a lot, then we’re keen to meet you:
- A natural passion for clean and effective UX
- Experience with Magento 1
- Experience with at least one Magento 2 build, from start to finish
- HTML / CSS3
BENEFICIAL TO THE ROLE:
- BEM / BEMIT
- Agency Expeirence
- Version Control (preferably GIT)
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
- £17,500 – £32,500 salary band, very much depending on level of experience and strength of skills
- A new Laptop or MacBook, whichever you prefer if you are based from our office
- 28 days initial holiday allowance, which increases the longer you’re at the company
- Regular social outings; comedy nights, bowling, cycling, games nights to name a few
- Your birthday (or substitute day) off as a gift day
- Continuous Personal Development Plan with reviews/catch ups over coffee’s or lunch
- Monthly allowance for training material (books, courses, videos)
- Access to industry leading conferences
- Access to business review meetings, where you’ll be encouraged to suggest ideas for our own development
- A Christmas party that aims to get better each year